14 November, 2017
Crock-pot Mashed Potatoes
Posted in : Christmas, Crockpot's, Easter, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Vegetable's on by : Tamra Tags: Christmas, crockpot, dinner, Easter, holidays, mashed, potatoes, sides, thanksgiving
- 4 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. sliced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. warm milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook potatoes, chicken stock and salt in a covered 4- to 5-quart slow cooker until potatoes are tender, on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Drain and return potatoes to slow cooker. Add sour cream and mash to desired consistency. Fold in chives and warm milk (add more milk to loosen if desired). Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm, topped with chives.
Copied from http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a40028/slow-cooker-mashed-potatoes-recipe/