20 February, 2017
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Posted in : Crockpot's, Home tested, Soups, Stew / Soup, The Family Recipe Box on by : Tamra Tags: bacon, baked potato, cheese, gold potatoes, loaded, loaded baked potato soup, mushroom, potato, Potato soup, potatoes, soups
I recently won first place in a soup challenge with this recipe, therefore I figured it deserved being added to the site. Please enjoy.
- 7 Baked and peeled Gold Potatoes
- 1lb Bacon diced
- 8 oz Baby bella mushrooms diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cups milk
- 8oz of shredded Monteray jack cheese
- 2 oz of cream cheese
- 1 tblsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cook diced bacon till crisp and remove from grease.
- Pour out half the bacon grease then add the diced mushrooms and onions to the grease and cooked until onions are soft and mushroom have reduce down.
- Add bacon to the onion and mushroom mix, stir up then pour mix into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the potatoes to a pot and briefly mash. Leaving chunks of potatoes still visible.
- Add milk to potatoes and stir. If it seems too thick the add more milk.
- Add the cream cheese and the shredded cheese
- Stir until cheese has melted and integrated into the potatoes
- add the bacon, onion and mushroom mix
- add chives and salt
- stir and mix up real good.
- add a little water if it still seems too thick
- add pepper to taste.
- at this point you can either leave it in the pot or transfer to a crockpot and leave on low for about 5 hrs, stirring occasionally until all the flavors have integrated into the soup.