11 June, 2014
Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad
Cool and easy, macaroni salad is a family favorite at picnics and barbecues. Mixed with mayonnaise, macaroni noodles, and fresh green and red peppers, each bite is better than the last. Enjoy this wonderful side this summer.
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni, drained
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Make macaroni according to package.
- In a large bowl, stir mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add macaroni, celery, green pepper, and onion; toss to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate at least two hours to blend flavors.
- Makes five cups.