- 4 halibut fillets – (8 oz ea)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup Asian panko crumbs or flakes
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine or butter
- Seasoned salt — to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper — to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cook the bacon, then chop or crumble and set aside.
- Brush both sides of fish with melted butter and place in a shallow baking dish. Arrange so that fillets are not touching. Sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl place bacon pieces, crumbs, and melted butter. Mix well to evenly distribute butter. Spread crust evenly over the tops of the fillets and press lightly.
- Place just enough water in the pan to cover the bottom, do not place too much so that the topping on the fish is affected. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is no longer transparent.
Copied from copy-catrecipes.net