- 2 Lb. Pork Butt, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Egg White
- 1 Quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 Cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Med Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Med Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Med Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Large Onion, cut into wedges
- Add Sugar and Salt to taste
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 (20 Ounce) Can Pineapple Chunks, undrained
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- Place cubed pork in a medium bowl, and season with 1 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp Sugar, and 2 tsp Soy Sauce. Mix in the Egg Whites. Cover, and place in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 quart oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in a large, heavy saucepan or deep fryer.
- Coat the pork with 1 Cup Cornstarch, and fry in the heated oil about 10 minutes, until evenly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 2 Tbs Oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in Bell Peppers, and Onion, and cook until tender. Season with salt and sugar. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix 2 Cups Water, 1/4 tsp Salt, 1 1/2 Cup Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ketchup, and 1 tsp Soy Sauce. Bring to a boil, and stir in the cooked Pork, Bell Peppers, Onion and Pineapple Chunks with juice. Return to boil.
- Mix in 1/4 Cup Cornstarch with 1/3 Cup Water. Add to saucepan to thicken. Cook until well blended.
Serves about 6