Digging thru my mom’s recipe box and came across this recipe. This Kau Meat is a recipe I constantly hear her talk about enjoying and when she does, she has the good memory look in her eyes. I grew up eating a lot of Hawaiian style meals, but I do say I enjoy the ones where the meats are marinated the most.
This is a perfect summertime BBQ recipe. Add some rice and Hawaiian style macaroni salad and you have the perfect meal for putting smiles on everyone’s faces.
- 3 pounds of Lean Steak or Short Ribs
- 1 Table spoon Sesame Seeds
- 1 Table spoon Sesame Oil
- 2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2/3 Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Chili Pepper
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/2 cup Green Onions diced
- 1/8 cup Water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Place Meat in bowl and marinate for 4 – 24 hrs. ( at minimum the 4 hours) in the fridge.
- BBQ or Broil to desired doneness
Picture is copied from ” Hawaiian Magazine “