- 1 beef Sirloin Tip Center Roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine parsley, thyme, oil, garlic and black pepper; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. (Do not overcook.) Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.) Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with sauce.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.