- 4 pounds Korean-style short ribs cut 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick across bones
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian plum wine
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- Wash the ribs, removing any stray bits of bone, and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, honey, garlic, pepper, water, sesame oil, and plum wine until the sugar has dissolved; pour the mixture into a 1 gallon plastic zipper bag. Place the ribs into the marinade, squeeze all the air out of the bag, zip it up, and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- The next day, remove the ribs from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before grilling. Remove the ribs from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Grill the ribs until browned and no longer pink inside, 4 to 6 minutes per side.