- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons (about 4 tsp)
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, for coating
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch and salt, set aside.
- Scoop dough out 1 Tbsp at a time and roll into a ball, then place balls on Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, spacing cookies about 2-inches apart and bake in preheated oven for 16 – 18 minutes .
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes then while cookies are still warm, pour 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar into a bowl and roll cookies in powdered sugar.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool then once cookies are cool, roll in powdered sugar once more, this time to generously coat (I pressed it into the powdered sugar to give it a thick coating).
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: ” cookingclassy.com ”
Picture from ” americanheritagecooking.com “