- 1 pound fresh tomatillos
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, seeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs cilantro, stems removed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Husk tomatillos and cut in half.
- Stem and half peppers.
- Boil tomatillos and peppers in chicken broth for 10 minutes.
- Strain, reserving broth.
- Combine tomatillos, peppers and remaining ingredients, except for the oil, in a blender and mix until almost smooth.
- Heat oil in frying pan until very hot.
- Add the tomatillo mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly until dark and thick.
- Add reserved broth to mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.