- 2 lbs ziti pasta (uncooked)
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces grated Romano cheese
- 3 cups Hunts roasted garlic and onion spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook Ziti according to package directions – 12 to 14 minutes until al dente stirring often.
- After cooking, drain ziti well, but do not rinse.
- Combine ricotta, romano, tomato sauce (reserve 1/4 cup) and pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Gently combine cooked ziti with cheese/sauce mixture.
- In a 13″x9″x2″ pan, spread the 1/4 cup reserved sauce.
- Add ziti and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake until mozzarella is thoroughly melted. (about 12-15 minutes).
- Serve with garlic bread and additional sauce if desired.
Copied from ” http://foodcourtathome.blogspot.com/ “