- Canned biscuits
- A seasoned hardwood stick, about 1-1/2 inches to 2-1/2 inches in diameter, whittled clean on the end
- A campfire
- wrap a single biscuit fresh out of the can around the end of your whittled stick, fashioning the end so that it is closed, then spiraling around until you have created a “cowhorn” shape.
- Hold the cooking stick over the fire, just out of reach of the flames and keep it turning every few seconds until the biscuit is nice and brown and flaky. Once it is getting nice and brown, hold it a little farther from the flame to let the very inside next to the stick finish getting done, or else the inside will be too doughy.
- When you get them done, the possibilities are endless as far as fillings go.
- These are some suggestions to fill them with; chocolate sauce, jelly, butter, but you could put just about anything in there. Here are some filled with scrambled eggs, cheese and smoked ham.
This is posted from ” Old Woodfire Grill “