- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (half ‘n half)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
1. With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
2. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add half ‘n half and only stir just to blend — do not overstir!
3. Drain strawberries and blot dry. Carefully just fold in strawberries and nuts. Dough mixture will be thick.
4. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread mellow for one day and then serve.
Copied from Food.com