- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups white mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup reduced-fat, mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 gluten-free whole-grain tortillas (such as LaTortilla factory gluten-free wraps)
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and spinach, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the spinach wilts. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and spread ¼ of the spinach-mushroom mixture on one half of the tortilla. Mix the two types of cheese together and spread ¼ cup cheese over the spinach-mushroom mixture. Fold the tortilla in half. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip the tortilla and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until golden brown. Cut your quesadilla into triangles.
- Repeat procedure for remaining 3 quesadillas.
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Confirm all ingredients are gluten-free and this recipe can be made gluten-free.
Copied from ” diabetes.org “