- 1 pound fresh mushrooms – (abt 35 to 40)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 pound crab claw meat
- 2 cups oyster crackers — crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.
- While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems. Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems. Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere.
- Combine the sautéed vegetables, chopped mushroom stems, and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes
- (about 6 caps each). Spoon 1 teaspoon of stuffing into each mushroom.
- Cover with sliced cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
This recipe yields 6 servings