- For the chocolate cookies:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
For the white middle:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment. In an electric mixer or food processor, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pulsing, mix in butter. Once the butter is mixed in, add the egg and mix. Continue mixing until the dough comes together.
- Scoop teaspoon-sized balls out of the batter and roll into circles. Place on baking sheets and press down slightly to flatten. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-9 minutes, rotating halfway through. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets.
- Beat butter and coconut oil together until fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Mix in vanilla. Beat frosting until light and fluffy. Place the frosting in a pastry bag.
- Once the cookies are cool, pipe frosting into the center and top with a second cookie. Press to seal and move frosting to outer edges of the cookie.
Makes approximately 25 chocolate sandwich cookies.
Copied from ” babble.com “