- 1 (16-oz.) package fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 large lemons, divided
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, well drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
- 2. Grate zest from 2 lemons to equal 2 tsp.; cut lemons in half, and squeeze juice into a measuring cup to equal 1/4 cup. Stir together lemon zest and juice, pimiento, and next 5 ingredients until well blended. Gently fold in crabmeat and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- 3. Shape mixture into 8 patties. Dredge patties in remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- 4. Cook half of patties, in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain on a wire rack. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties.
- 5. Cut remaining 2 lemons into wedges. Serve crab cakes with lemon wedges.