- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Whisk together mayonnaise, honey, mustards and lemon juice in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine; drain excess milk mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners’ sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with honey mustard.