18 April, 2016
Red Wine Steak with Quinoa and Asparagus
Posted in : Asian, Beef, Ethnic, Main Dishes on by : Tamra Tags: beef, dinner, entertaining, entertainment, flank, Korean, Quinoa
- 1/4 c. red wine
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2–2 lb. flank steak
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Chopped chives
- In a resealable plastic bag, add red wine, soy sauce, and Worcestershire. Season steak with salt and pepper and add to marinade. Let sit at room temperature 5 minutes while you cook quinoa.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions, about 15 minutes. In a medium pot bring water to a boil and season with salt. Add asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat broiler. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil and place a rack on top. Remove steak from marinade and let excess drip off; discard marinade. Place steak on sheet pan and spread an even layer of brown sugar all over the steak. Broil until top is lightly charred, about 10 minutes. (Watch carefully as the sugar can burn.) Transfer to cutting board and cover loosely with foil; let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice steak across the grain into 1/2″ slices and serve with quinoa and asparagus. Garnish with chives.
Copied from ” http://www.delish.com/ “