28 July, 2014
Grilled Ginger Teriyaki Pork Chops
Posted in : Main Dishes, Pork on by : Jason
These grilled Chops with Asian-style marinade that adds the right flavor to pork. Just remember that you have to marinate the pork overnight, so prepare it the day before you want to eat it.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped fine
- 6 (1-inch-thick) rib pork chops
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger root. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool marinade completely.
- Put chops in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over them. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, overnight.
- Pour marinade into a saucepan and boil 5 minutes.
- Grill chops on an oiled rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through, basting with marinade during last 5 minutes of cooking.