- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lb Cubed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 Cup Dry White wine or Chicken broth
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, cut into 3/4″ cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tblsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Coat a large no stick frying pan with no stick spray. Add the oil and place over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pour the wine or broth into the pan. Add the onions, yellow or orange peppers and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, bay leaves, rosemary, parsley and black pepper. Bring to a boil
- Return the chicken to the pan. Reduce the to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Serve over pasta or polenta fo a wonderful filling dish.
Picture from taste.com