- 12 ounces lean beef tenderloin, boneless
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap the beef in plastic wrap and freeze until firm (but not rock hard). Once firm, slice the beef thinly into long strips. Place in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the scallions, garlic, rice wine vinegar, water, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the beef and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours. While the beef is marinating, preheat an indoor or outdoor grill.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and shake off any excess marinade. Grill beef for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it is cooked to a medium-well doneness.
Serve with Vegetables or Rice