- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon trans-fat free margarine
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ cup low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs and sauté for 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add margarine to pan and melt. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes until liquid is released; stirring frequently.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan and cook with mushrooms for 1 minute. Add chicken thighs back to pan and place mushrooms on top of chicken. Pour chicken broth into pan.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan with a heavy, tight-fitting lid, and simmer for 25 minutes.
Copied from ” diabetes.org “