- corned beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Put corned beef brisket in a large saucepan or kettle; cover with water. Tie spices in a double thickness of cheesecloth and add to the water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Put the corned beef brisket in a baking pan.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Spoon over corned beef and bake at 375° for about 10 to 20 minutes, basting a few times, until a nice glaze appears.
Nicely served with Irish Poundies potatoes