4 February, 2015
Salted Dulce de Leche Brownies
Posted in : Desserts, Entertaining on by : Tamra Tags: brownies, caramel, dessert, dulce de leche, entertaining, entertainment, holidays, salted
- 2 1/2 sticks (10 ounces or 285 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup (about 7 ounces or 200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons (about 5 ounces or 140 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces or 60 grams) corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about 4 1/2 ounces or 125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (about 4 1/2 ounces or 125 grams) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces or 225 grams) homemade or storebought dulce de leche
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for sprinkling
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 10- by 6-inch brownie pan and line the bottom and long sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy and lightened in color, about 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars, corn syrup, and vanilla and mix until incorporated. At eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, and table salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, and, using a rubber spatula, fold until mostly incorporated. Beat batter with electric mixer until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Dollop spoonfuls of dulce de leche onto the batter, using a knife to swirl gently to partially mix the two together (be careful to keep the dulce de leche on top as you swirl).
- Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with sea salt. Return to oven and bake until the edge is set but the center is still a bit soft, about 20 minutes. Let the brownies cool at room temperature in the pan, then cut and serve.
Copied from ” seriouseats.com ”