10 November, 2015
Posted in : Desserts, Entertaining, Halloween, Holidays, Thanksgiving on by : Tamra Tags: cheesecake, dessert, entertaining, entertainment, halloween, holidays, pumpkin, thanksgiving
- 2cups graham cracker crumbs (from 14 graham crackers)
- 2tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1.25-ounce envelope unflavored gelatin
- 18-ounce bar cream cheese, at room temperature
- 115-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1cup sour cream
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 2teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Make the crust: Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Transfer to a 9-inch springform pan. Using a straight-sided dry measuring cup, press the mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the pan. Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Make the filling: sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup boiling water. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the pumpkin, sour cream, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Mix in the gelatin mixture until incorporated.
- Chill: Pour the mixture into the crust and refrigerate, covered, until firm, at least 2 hours and can be done up to 2 days in advance.
copied from ” http://www.realsimple.com/ ”