30 July, 2014
Applebee’s Walnut Blondie with Maple Butter sauce
Posted in : Copycat Recipies, Desserts, Entertaining, Holidays, Kid friendly on by : Tamra
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ½ tspn baking powder
- 1/8 tspn baking soda
- 1/8 tspn salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
for Maple Butter sauce
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Sift flour, add baking powder, baking soda and saltbsp Sift again. Add chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt butter. Add brown sugar and mix well. Add egg and vanilla extractbsp Blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread in a 9″ square pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean or with slightly fudgy-looking crumbs.
- Serve with ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.
- For Maple butter sauce : Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Add walnuts, if desired.