30 June, 2014
Posted in : Breakfast on by : Tamra Tags: banana, breakfast, pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- About 3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 ripe bananas (3/4 to 1 lb. total), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk to blend eggs, buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons butter. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until batter is evenly moistened.
- 3. Ladle batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto a lightly buttered medium-hot (350°) griddle or lightly buttered 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan (or use 2 pans at the same time) over medium heat. Scatter 3 to 5 banana slices onto each pancake and cook until edges of the cake look dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn with a wide spatula and cook until browned on the bottom, 3 or 4 minutes longer.