1 August, 2014
Hazelnut-Bacon Deviled Eggs
Posted in : Appetizers, Entertaining, Holidays on by : Tamra Tags: appetizers, bacon, deviled, eggs, entertaining, hazelnut, holidays
|Salt, to taste|
|Black Pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the bacon on a sheet pan, place in oven, and cook until crispy. On another sheet pan, place hazelnuts and put in the oven and bake until golden brown. Once out of the oven, put bacon on a paper towel to absorb the excess bacon grease. Finely chop bacon and set aside. Once hazelnuts are out of the oven, cut hazelnuts finely and set aside.
- Boil eggs in a sauce pan for 11 to 15 minutes, then drain hot water. Put eggs in cold water and let sit for a minute. Next, take the eggs and crack and peel the shell, the eggs should still be warm to the touch. This makes it easier to peel. Once peeled, put eggs back in the cold water.
- When eggs are cool, cut them in half putting the white on a plate, and set aside. Add the yokes to a mixing bowl. In the mixing bowl of yokes add the bacon, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into your egg whites.
- Once eggs are filled, sprinkle hazelnuts on top.
Copied from BetterRecipes.com